In line with the latest Government advice, Hampstead Heath will be temporarily closing the majority of our facilities to support the new national restrictions from Thursday 5 November until Wednesday 2 December. They will be keeping a close eye on announcements from the Government and if anything should change they will respond quickly and keep the public informed.
Closures will include:
· Parliament Hill Athletics Track
· Tennis Courts at Parliament Hill, Golders Hill Park and Queen’s Park
· The Parliament Hill Fields Lido
· The Hampstead Heath Bathing Ponds
· Weddings (GHP & QP)
· Childrens Farm (QP)
· Zoo (GHP – the central passageway)
· The pitch and putt at Queen’s Park
· The Peggy Jay Centre
· The Adventure Playground and Clubhouse
· Guardians Gym (at the Lido)
· Winter Swimming Club
· Football and Rugby
· Licenced Events e.g. workshops, children’s activities, Be Military Fit and the Hampstead Winter Swimming Club.
The Heath intend to keep the public toilets open and they will continue to empty litter bins throughout this period, although they do still ask that visitors take their rubbish and waste away with them wherever possible. The car parks and our playgrounds will also remain open and the cafe’s will be available for a takeaway service.
Queen’s Park, Highgate Wood and Golders Hill Park (including the Hill Garden & Pergola) opening hours will remain as advertised.
School outdoor learning activities led by the Learning Team will continue, as will Licenced Forest School activities for Ofsted Registered Early Years Providers.
Filming that has been agreed with the City of London’s Film Office and is COVID Secure will continue.
They expect that the Heath, Highgate Wood and Queen’s Park will be very busy during this period as people visit to exercise or meet with one person from another household.
Signage on site is being updated and will remind visitors to follow the latest Government’s Guidance, be considerate towards Staff and other visitors.